Written by Wifey.
Yep, you read that title right... Drag Queen Bingo. :-p So, what is Drag Queen Bingo? Well, exactly what it sounds like... Bingo run by a Drag Queen! In Hollywood, every Wed & Sun nights, Hamburger Mary hosts a bingo game where all the proceeds go to charity. This week, the charity was PFLAG. For $20, you get a pile of Bingo boards (playing 3 games each round), and the chance to win an old porn video, or even better, a bag packed full of goodies like Skirball tickets, musical tickets, and more. And of course, you get to be part of the "show"!!
Numbers are called with a flair - G54 ("w00t, w00t!"), I-18 ("that's what he said"), O-68 ("you do me, and I'll owe you one"). Winners take a victory lap around the restaurant, while all the "losers" throw their bingo cards at him/her. And oh yeah, if you call a false bingo, the Drag Queen will spank you in front of the crowd.
Add to that some incredibly strong drinks, and it's a fantastic evening!!! :-p
We also had dinner there, and it was delicious. It's a bit pricey, but you get a heckuva burger for your money. I ordered a burger with mac & cheese on top (mmmmmm, cheesy goodness!), and Lloyd got.... well... I don't know know what it was, but it was a monster of a burger! Note that he added fruit as a side... cuz, ya know, gotta eat healthy and all. ;-)

OMG Sounds so fun! I love your dates nights! I wanna join in on one....
ReplyDelete:-) thanks!
ReplyDelete