Bloody-A, the past couple of weeks have been a little rough. From visiting family to scuba-diving, to whatever else we are barely able to find the time to breathe let alone do date night.
And yet we still do! We've been going at it for over two years I believe, and have even been able routinely update a blog that two people read, we think!
That's dedication, I tell ya!
Though, as you know, not at all Date Nights are equal. Some of them are awesome (see Drag-Queen-Bingo) and then others are, well, mine :) No time for planning coupled with insane schedule tends to yield ... movie night! Hey, better'n nothing, yeah? Besides, we went to go see something we've been meaning to for a while:
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
In short, dude's wife drops the D-word on him, he tries to move on, his boy has a crush on a girl who has a crush on the dude, shenanigans ensue, and so on.
The movie itself was actually really good! Unexpectedly so. Well, I shouldn't say that. I haven't seen a Steve Carell movie that I haven't liked in quite possibly ever. So it should really be no surprise that this one would be good as well. But, it is a super-romantic comedy thing where all the relationships somehow tie together, and you know it's going to have a super-sappy ending and all that. Things like that tend to be hit or miss, with this one being a very strong hit.
Wifey and I thoroughly enjoyed it - there were some fun, fresh jokes in there and the movie went in directions that we really did not expect.
I think the only thing we did not like about this movie was this girl, though for expected reasons I suppose. Her character was really uncomfortable to look at and listen to. Not only was she confused, but she looked confused as well. Which, oddly, is probably exactly was her character was supposed to do / be: uncomfortable in her own skin, awkward, shy, whatever. You know, like most teens. And that, perhaps, is why we did not like her in this movie: we (Wifey and I) explicitly do not like teenagers.
I think everyone can at least agree to that. Nobody likes teens, except maybe teens themselves, but the jury is still out on that.
Well, enough rambling on about the movie. Suffice to say, dual-thumbs-up from Wifey and myself!
-Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment