Saturday, October 2, 2010

Of Mugs and Men

Well, just mugs at least.

Last Thursday (9/23/10), my overtime craziness came to an end! I managed to get home at a decent(ish) time for a change, able to enjoy the evening and ..

and ..

and ..

well, holy crap, I came home early for a change! So did Wifey! That could only mean one thing .. we get to do what we have not been able to for over a year! WE GET TO PAINT MUGS!

Huh. That looks a little strange once you write it down. Allow me to explain..

Wifey and I have been wanting to check out this place called Color Me Mine for as long as we've been at this whole Date Night thing. Problem is, as we have mentioned before, we're a little tight on time, and so anything that closes by 9pm is basically out of the question. Color Me Mine closes at 9pm, and tends to have "special events" on Thursdays - which happens to be our Date Night! So, for about a year we've passed on the little paint-your-own-stuff place, hoping we would get a chance to check it out.

Which we were finally able to do! Hooraay!!

So back to Thursday. We got home, rushed to get ready, and jetting off to the shop. Didn't take us long to get there, it's less than 3 miles away from us. We got there around 8:15pm-ish, and were given a warning that we would only have 45mins to paint. No problem, we'll do what we can.

It was actually a lot of fun! We chatted a bit, but otherwise just enjoyed a quiet evening painting a pair of mugs we had picked out. The results of our labour are thus:



Wifey's mug is this purple/blue thing that I actually quite like. Mine was supposed to this painterly underwater kelp scene, but instead looks like dirty mug with streaks of moss growing up it. Hmm. I tried! Perhaps Wifey won't mind if I just .. steal .. her mug and claim it as my own ;) heeheee :)

Anyhow, that was Date Night for 9/23/10. Doesn't sound very exciting, but it's certainly a fun thing to do if you're creatively inclined =)

Cheers!

Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment