Written by Wifey.
It's been a rather hectic few weeks since we got back from vacation, with work rearing it's ugly head. So, I thought for this week's date night, we could relax a bit, and maybe have some hahas. :-)
The evening started off with some quick chair massages at the mall... aaahhhhh....
Then, we were off to Santa Monica. We ended up eating at the dining area in the new mall there, and tried Manchu Wok. Talk about shock - it was actually very yummy, which is rarely something I think when eating Chinese mall food! The orange chicken was probably some of the best I've ever had, and I eat quite a bit. :-) A fantastic find!
After dinner, we decided to finally check out the movie "Scott Pilgrim vs the World". One of our friends had warned us that it was a pretty geeky movie, and you had to appreciate the references. And boy, did we ever!!! The plot/storyline isn't that great, and rather week, but we really enjoyed the style of the movie. It was one giant homage to video games... and not the modern day video games like Halo, but rather it was reminiscent of the pixelated 8 bit games of our youth. Villains died in a flurry of coins, every hit had a point associated, characters had random powers, and so on. And of course, the whole thing was super cheesy, which, sounds like a bad thing, but in this case was loads of fun. The few other people in the theatre didn't seem to appreciate it as much, but it appealed to the geek in Hubby and I, so we were giggling up a storm through the entire movie. :-p
Another great date night done! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment