For my date night, I chose a relatively boring activity - dinner at Rush Street. But, to add a twist to the classic dinner date, I decided we'd try something new. I was going to pick out something for Hubby to eat, and he was going to order my meal. The thinking was that we'd both end up trying something new, that we wouldn't normally eat. :-) A pretty good plan... and it turns out that it was our lucky week too!! By coincidence, this week is "DineLA", where restaurants offer a full 3 course meal at a great price. whoo-hoo!!

For my appetizer, Hubby selected the "soup of the day", w/o even asking what it was! And for dessert, I got an apple cinnamon pastry, with whip cream (cuz, as Hubby pointed out... I like whip cream!). He also decided that I don't eat enough red meat (he's definitely the carnivore in our household!!), so he ordered me a steak with arugula & asparagus. Not really items I would have selected... especially since he also ordered my steak medium (I like my meat dead... very dead!!). The white bean soup was fantastic, the dessert was yummy, and the steak was... well... interesting, but I still like my meat well done. ;-)
For Hubby, I picked out the baked mac & cheese appetizer, cuz he always wrinkles his nose when I eat mac & cheese at home. Dessert was lemon cheesecake with a raspberry sauce, cuz I know he likes lemon. And his meal was salmon with pasta that included artichokes, definitely not a typical meal for my red-meat craving hubby!! Considering how fast he demolished the food... I'd say I picked rather well!!So what could have been a rather mundane dinner turned out to be a lot of fun, trying out food that we wouldn't normally order!! :-)
Afterward, we came home and curled up in bed, and watched an episode of Boston Legal (awesome awesome show!!).
Trying new things, eating yummy desserts, and cuddling.... yep, great date night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment