Thursday, March 29, 2012

my egg is prettier than your egg...

Written by Wifey.

Sometimes, when life is crazy and hectic, it's nice just to spend a quite night at home.  And since Easter is coming up, I decided to use the holiday as an excuse for some creative fun.  We decorated Easter eggs!

The first adventure was buying the supplies... when I was a kid, there was one kit.  Drop the egg in, voila, colors!  If you really wanted to go creative, try to make dip the egg into multiple colors.  Simple, but it worked for us!  yeaaahh... times have changed.  I spent a good 15 minutes in the Easter aisle, staring at the shelf full of egg decorating kits.  Neon colors, sequins, glitter, special dipping cups, "magic crayons" (which I'm pretty sure is just a plain white crayon)... ummm... huh.   So many choices!  :-p

Anyway, ended up with a variety pack, and had our supplies all laid out, and started to decorate. 

First egg... I decided to make a cute little smiley faced egg.  Hair, ears, etc.  Hubby showed me his egg... and I'm looking back at another smiley faced egg.  huh!  We have a good laugh, and move on to the second egg.

A few seconds later, I proudly show off my "watermelon" egg with vertical stripes... and he holds up his egg with vertical strips, only pink instead of green. lol...

So, the lesson of the night is apparently after 6.5 years of marriage, Hubby and I are now thinking alike!! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment