... ooh, la la! Doesn't that just sound romantic and all, right off the bat?? I'd say so!
Wifey and I frequently come across ads for the Catalina Bar & Grill in Hollywood, but they're always a tad on the expensive side not to mention deep in Hollywood. By which a mean a few miles north of the 10. Which may as well be clear across the country for the time it takes to get there from West-LA!
So the Catalina Bar & Grill has been on our minds for a while, just never had the chance (or traffic-patience) to go check it out. I decided, however, that it is time we go check the place out! And what better time to do so than their "Quiet Night : An evening of Romance" event? Exactly my thoughts!
Wifey and I hiked it out there just in time to be seated, order a bit of food, and wait for the show to start. The vibe was excellent and the performers were Mark Gasbarro (pianist for several high profile movies) and vocalist by the name of ..... PJ. I think. Anyway, the show was great. The band had several chill romantic songs and a few fun songs (movie medleys, fast-paced diddles, etc.). It was thoroughly enjoyable!
Even the food was quite enjoyable, although supremely overpriced for what it was. I don't quite remember what I had - it was meaty and tasty, but not memorable. Catalina Bar & Grill is a place I'd return to only for the Jazzy entertainment and atmosphere, not necessarily the food =)
Perhaps just drinks and a show next time? I think so... !
Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment