And people think writing random stuff and putting it online is easy! Pffsh!
Anyhow! Date Night for 4/12 was interesting, slightly different, and in classic Hubby-Fashion a little "Let's just see what happens!" Unlike Wifey, I like to just sorta loosely pick a Date Night thing to do, then we go do it. If it doesn't work out 100% then, well, we'll just enjoy the heck out of the 75% that did work out. Or 50%. Or 10%. And then we make up the rest!
This was definitely not unlike that, though the percentage of what worked out to plan was a little closer to the 90% range. Apparently I've got numbers on the mind, mostly probably due to the fact that I recently had my virgin D&D experience. It was a good one, but now I'm thinking of things in terms of numbers and stats and things. Probably not anything anyone wants to read about, but hey, here you are.
So when am I going to get to Date Night 4/12 anyway? It's been so long ago that I've nearly forgotten, and spent the time writing about numbers and D&D instead, trying to buy time while I recall the details. Which, as it seems, worked quite well ...
So Wifey and I have been in LA for many years now, and it turns out she's never been to Pink's Hot Dogs. Pink's is one of those things that when you visit LA you have to go there and eat some friggin' hot dogs. They are, in fact, delicious. And messy. Oh so deliciously messy! But, Wifey had no idea - she has only heard about this mystical, magical place. Considering we've had a rather lack-luster experience with Tito's Tacos, there was no particular hurry on her part to experience Pink's. Especially since it's in the damn-near boondies of Hollywood.
But I decided, like the man I am, that she was going to experience some Pink's, dag-nabbit! So that was the plan for Date Night. Just that: Pink's. I figured we'll explore the town a bit at night while waiting for the food to settle, maybe find a comic book store and, you know, "wing it."
First off, Pink's was (is) damn-well delicious. I had this crazy hot dog with mushrooms and grilled onions and spicy Polish sausage. Burnt like heck but I'll-hurt-you-with-angry-fists delicious. Wifey had some chili-guac thing that was not nearly as good as my hot dog, but I won't hold it against her :) Word of warning: Pink's tends to have crazy-long-line syndrome. Somehow we were lucky and got there just in time to have nobody in front of us. This is usually not the case - usually the line wraps around your neck and the block before coming back and angrily rubbing on your leg. It's that kind of line. The line you don't mess with. Anyway, point is, Pink's usually has a long line and if you ever pass by and it does not have a line you are required (yes, required) to stop and have a hot dog.After a successful Pink's run, we decided to head over to the Golden Apple for some comics. But, alas, they closed at 9pm on a Thursday. Whereas they close at 10pm on a Wednesday. And 7pm on Tuesdays. What the hell. Suffice to say, we did not make it in time for comics because they close at d3+7 o'clock. Urgh. So sad, no comics for us.
But that's OK! We're winging it! So we had Ben & Jerry's instead. After which we decided to head up and drive around on Mulholland Drive for no particular good reason aside from wishing to explore Hollywood a little. We've never been on Mulholland Drive, and have to admit, even at night it's quite scenic! Though, I'm certain the cops don't appreciate how scenic and romantic it can be, seen as how they close the lookout points at night with threats of steep fines.
Well, that was about it for 4/12 Date Night. Let's recap - Pink's, NO COMICS, Ice-Cream, Mulholland Drive. Sounds like a successful Date Night to me!
Hubby
you forgot about our fail with the Hollywood sign! :-p
ReplyDelete