Written by Wifey.
I'm a total sucker for any restaurant that claims to be "best". You know, like all those mom & pop restaurants around So-Cal that have a generic name, and a painted sign declaring: "Best Burger in LA!" "Number 1 Hot Dogs!" "World Famous Burgers!" and other awe-inspiring claims. So when I saw that Backstage Bar claimed to not only to be the "Best Dive Bar in the World", but also "LA's Favorite Party Spot", "Legendary", and "Best Bar Food in LA"... well, come on, how could anyone resist? :-p And to add the icing on the cake, they have Karaoke on Thurs nights.... Winning!!
Overall, it was a fantastic bar. Lots of good energy, good crowd, busy but we still managed to get a table & chairs. Hubby drank Arrogant Bastard, while I indulged in a yummy Key-Lime-Pie martini. For dinner, Hubby got the thai-chicken entree, which tasted very similar to chicken satay (delicious!!). I had a yummy cheeseburger. But the highlight of the food that night was the garlic fries. OMG, they were amazing; probably the best fries I've had in years. Usually garlic fries are covered in chunks of raw garlic & herbs, which can be gross if done wrong. They must have used powdered garlic or something, because the flavor was embedded in the actual fry, so every bite had an even garlic flavor, and was just plan awesome. So... I have to hand it to them, definitely the best bar food I've ever had!!
Overall, Backstage Bar was a good place, and I'd like to return. Good prices on the drinks & food, and tasty stuff. We didn't sing, cuz I'm more of a "sing behind the closed door in a private room" karaoke gal, but it was fun to watch & had a lot of recent songs (though I feel like the Scarlet Lady's karaoke setup is better). :-) So yeah... like I said... Winning!
No comments:
Post a Comment