Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brazilian BBQ

If it's one thing that Wifey knows about me, it's that I like meat. Quite a bit in fact! I don't know much about the particulars of meat, say the specific cuts or which dead cow happens to be better tasting as compared to other dead cows, but I do know this : meat is my staple.

So for Date Night 3/24, we went to Libra Brazilian Steakhouse in Culver City. I've been there a number of times before, though this was Wifey's second time. Her first visit was when they had first opened many moons ago, where they charged by the pound! While the food was excellent, she figured there would be no way we could afford to go there, especially since I can (apparently) really pack it away. Lucky for us, they had since decided the pay-by-the-pound idea was a terrible one, and now they are like all the other Brazilian BBQ's we know and love: Pay once, eat until you pop.

And we ate! Delicious, delicious carvings of various dead animals and their formerly fluffy friends upon our waiting plates! We had sirloin, tri tip, smoked polish sausages, bacon-wrapped chicken, lamb chops, skirt steak, the list goes on! I was ready to explode by the end of the evening, but the service was so good and the food even better that I just couldn't resist that last quick serving .. and another ... and another ...

Speaking of the service: they were fantastic! The servers were excited and anxious to get you to try whatever they were serving. They also asked us, on multiple occasions, if we would something, and if we did, they'd quickly go put it on the grill to serve about 10 mins or so later on. Fantastic! We felt really taken care of by these guys. Needless to say they got a hearty tip, and we will be sure to pay them a visit again.

Well. They might have to duke it out with Bella Vista -- Brazilian Pizza! Same deal - pay once, keep getting served very random slices of pizza throughout the night. Now, with two excellent restaurants within spitting distance, serving endless amounts of delicious food, our restaurant choices are becoming very difficult. Good problem to have, I suppose!

- Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment