Written by Wifey.
It's been a rough week for us both at work, especially with Hubby trying to get his business off the ground. So, date night this week was a nice stress-reliever! We headed to the range to hit a bucket of balls, and try out a new set of golf clubs.
Now, before you think: "oh, i didn't know they played golf", let me just state, that we don't exactly play golf. We try to play golf!! lol! We started heading to the range a few months ago, and after a lot of practice the ball now goes in the right direction! Sorta! Sometimes! :-p Either way, it's rather satisfying to smack the crap out of a bunch of balls, so it was a nice way to spend time together.
After that, we went to grab dinner at Grinder. It's pretty much your average American restaurant - nothing particularly special that you'd rave about, but decent food. I wasn't expecting much (I mostly wanted to eat there because I drive by it multiple times a week, and I was curious), but it actually was pretty good. Definitely a few steps up from Denny's. Hubby had their vegetable soup with fish & chips, and he was pretty impressed. I tried their kielbasa & eggs (breakfast for dinner is always awesome, lol), and it was yummy too. :-) Plus, the staff was helpful & laid back, and gave us a discount because their credit card system was down.
Oddly enough, we finished date night earlier than we normally do. So, we ended the night curling up together on the couch with bowls of ice cream. Always a good way to end an evening!!
No comments:
Post a Comment