Friday, July 30, 2010

Dancing on the tables

Written by Wifey.

I know it's technically Hubby's turn for Date Night, but since last week got re-scheduled due to optical difficulties (isn't that just a lovely way to say my eye was going bonkers? :-p), I got a rain check for this week!

Anyway... Hubby and I love to experience new things together, so after a bit of searching on the LA Weekly website, I decided upon the Harlow Gold burlesque show!! I've always wanted to check out a burlesque show, and the timing & location of this show was perfect! whoo-hoo!

We got the mid-ranged tickets, and got set up at the bar. The show started about half hour later then expected, so for awhile we were just sitting there kinda impatiently, waiting. And then a guy with a giant mohawk and a glass of whiskey got up to introduce the dance group, and things just got awesome from there! The music was incredibly diverse, ranging from alt rock, classic, angry punk, fun, etc. With each song, the costumes and mood would change, and your attention would be completely captured by the fabulous, sexy, skilled, & confident dancers.

They used every inch of that bar - the stage, floor, walls, ceiling (hanging from the pipes & even doing some cirque-de-soleil like moves), bar, and even the table tops. And you'd better watch out! A girl would sexily slide herself across the table top, and everyone would scramble to get their drinks out of the way. Of course, along the way, they'd flirt with the guys (and even some of the girls), and just have a grand time. :-) Obviously, the mood was sexy and risque, but also incredibly creative & artistic.

Overall, the dances were mesmerizing, with clever costumes, music, & choreography. And whether it was flirty, angry, fun, or naughty, the ladies really perfected the sexy pout!

Definitely a great new experience to share with Hubby!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment