Written by Wifey.
So, I had a fantastic-ly creative idea for date night this week, I really did. Waited for 2 weeks, bought the tix early, etc. Unfortunately, Thursday morning I woke up and realized, oh crap, my left eye is infected, and light hurts like heck. Hmmm... this does not bode well for an evening in a dark room with bright lights flashing around. Huh. Well, it's a good thing Hubby and I know how to be flexible about our plans!!
So, Plan B!! :-) We re-scheduled the tickets (you'll just have to wait until next week to find out the idea!!), took a bunch of eye drops, and ended up having a nice quiet evening in. Whipped up a few drinks (my "magical" drinks tend to be heavy on the alcohol yet high on the yummy scale, which makes them a rather potent mix), and broke out the board games!! Considering how competitive Hubby and I are, it was quite an evening!
First, we played Chess. I'm not really a long-term strategy player, while Hubby usually has the entire game played out in his head. Hence the reason I've avoided playing with him for years. But, I figured, his strategy would be slightly hindered by the drinks, so I should have a fighting chance. Nope, that was not a good assumption. :-p He managed to steal my queen, both rooks, a bishop, knight, and a bunch of pawns before finally winning. yyyeeeaaahhh.... :-p
Okay then... time for a new game and new strategy! Next up was Chinese Checkers, and I'm very happy to say that I creamed him! whoo-hoo!!! (see what I mean about us being competitive? :-p)
Finally, we tried a new game, Mancala. Now, I don't know if you've ever tried or seen this game, but essentially, it involves a ton of colorful pieces of "rice", and rearranging them into various buckets until you clear your side. o.O Okay, I'll be honest, at this point we were rather tipsy, but between trying to understand the convoluted directions sheet (ended up having to look the rules online instead) and accidentally spilling the little plastic pieces of rice, this was a rather boring game. In fact, I don't even remember who won!!
So, not the evening I had originally planned, but still a great date night with the hubby!! :-)
And next week, we'll go on the date night I had originally planned!
No comments:
Post a Comment