Friday, July 2, 2010

Mall Mongolian BBQ, Reading at Barnes & Noble, Yogurtland, and VOD Comedians

Hi all,

Hubby here. FIRST POST! (cough) .. what? This isn't a forum? And I'm not first? Damn. And I was really hoping to start a flamewar, too. Oh well. I guess I should write about our date night then, instead. It's not exactly a flamewar, but I suppose it'll do!

For the July 1st Date Night I was looking for something real quiet, slow, and .. well .. unrushed. See, Wifey and I feel like we're always running around after something that needs to get done or somewhere to go. Since we head to the gym right after work, frequently we find ourselves rushing to even get our precious Date Night started! I figured a nice, slow-paced evening would be well appreciated by the both of us. And so it was ... dun dun dunnn!

Date Night started right after our workout. Since the gym is located at a mall, we headed our sweaty-ass selves over to the food court and had Mongolian BBQ. For MallFood it was actually not bad! I had double-meat, mushrooms, green peppers, bean sprouts, and .. er .. (thinks) .. something else. I'm sure it's a vegetable of some kind. Oh, and the obligatory noodles. Yummeh! I'm not sure exactly of all the ingredients of Wifey's dish, but it had tofu. Big chunks of flavorless, mushy, pale-white tofu.

Want to know what is the devil? Tofu is the devil. Just sayin'.

But Wifey likes tofu, and so I just give her the occasional odd stare and she wolfs down the chunks of flavorless, mushy, pale-white .. mush. (shudder). Oh, and sometimes she has them fried. FRIED. Add 'rubbery exterior' to existing description and you have Fried Tofu.

Anyway, I digress.

Wifey couldn't finish her meal (as usual) and having completely destroyed mine I happily helped her out. Though, being the nice guy I am, I separated out the chunk of mu.. I mean tofu so she may snack upon them while waiting for me to finish up. This pleased both Wifey and myself tremendously, though for entirely different reasons...

Oh, did I mention Boba goes very well with Mongolian BBQ? It does. You should try it.

After the meal, we headed home for a quick shower and a walk of the dog. No, that is not a euphemism. Our dog is evil and shits the house if we leave without taking him for a walk. So, whenever we head out we walk the dog first. This does not please either of us very much.

Ok, so we showered, took the dog for a walk, and headed off to the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade where we made a bee-line straight for Barnes & Noble. The idea was to pick out a book or two, park ourselves somewhere in the bookstore, and just read. How much more unrushed/relaxing could you get? I was thinking about this all day, and could not wait to get to it. Stomach full of boba and mongolian BBQ, and at a bookstore reading .. stuff. Hell yeah.

Wifey picked up a graphic novel, "The Last Airbender: Prequel: Zuko's Story", and a book about Zappos.com and how they're apparently the best company to work for. I picked up "Sh*t my dad says" and nearly wet myself laughing from the first chapter. I'm pretty sure Wifey did not appreciate my laughter, evidenced my the occasional glares I received. Nevertheless, I ended up buying the book, and absolutely cannot wait to get back to it.

After getting booted out of Barnes & Noble, we headed to Yogurtland! Kinda like Pinkberry .. and Menchis ... and whatever other frozen-yogurt chains have been popping up. As usual I packed mine as much as possible while Wifey gave me incredulous stares (why my stomach still surprises her I do not know). With the Mongolian BBQ, Boba and Frozen Yogurt we have very effectively canceled any work-out efforts for the day. But hey, it's all worth it. Especially when your frozen yogurt has nuts in 'em. Nuts are awesome and very much NOT the devil. I have said it, and so it must be true.

After paying The Man for our frozen yogurts, we headed home, curled up in bed and watched an hour of Robert Klein's HBO Special "Unfair and Unbalanced" where we were awarded many hahas while slurping our frozen concoctions.

That concluded our date night. Nice and relaxing, no set schedule, just enjoying each other's company.

The highlight of the evening, to me, was reading "Sh*t my dad says", and I'm sure Wifey's highlight was tofu. I can't be sure.

Next week is Wifey's turn to plan date, and IT HAD BETTER BE GOOD! OR ELSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment