Written by Wifey.
Valentine's Day is one of those days that everyone loves to hate. "it's so commercial", "we don't need hallmark to tell us when to be romantic", "i hate having to spend so much money on gifts", etc etc. And I get those arguments, I do.... but I also think it's an attitude. Just because marketing companies suggest that you should buy jewelry and spend money on an overpriced dinner doesn't mean you have to go broke. And of course you should show your love the other 364 days a year... but what's wrong with taking the excuse to cuddle with your spouse? So there! *climbs down off soapbox* :-p
Anyhow, we usually spend VDay at home, doing something quiet. This year, we decided to finally use the fondue set that we got for Christmas ages ago, was used once, then tucked away to gather dust. So hubby cut up fruit while I melted white chocolate. Pineapple, apples, pretzels, marshmallows, gummy hearts, dried mango.... :-p We had quite the feast! Add in a bottle of wine (after trying a rather gross overly sweet raspberry framboise), a romantic comedy ("Friends with Benefits", surprisingly not bad, but that could've been the sugar high talking!), and voila! A fantastic, romantic, low key Valentine's Day for less than $30!!
hmmm... my posts are getting shorter & shorter. Oh well, short & sweet!! :-p
No comments:
Post a Comment