Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gyu-Kaku

Written by Wifey.

So, I don't know why, but cooking your own meal in a restaurant just seems to make it so much cooler than cooking it at home.  :-p Which, my mother would probably argue with rather loudly ("Why should I have to PAY to cook my own food?!?!"). 

This week, we went to Gyu-Kaku, a Japanese BBQ place.  Grill in the middle of the table, raw seasoned meat/veggies are brought to the table, which you then plop on the grill, and voila! Dinner!  It can get pretty pricey though, especially with Hubby's appetite, so we don't go very often.  Luckily, they have a late-night Happy Hour, with tons of food specials.  Perfect!  or so I thought... I kinda mis-calculated the popularity of Gyu-Kaku on a Thursday night.  We got there a little before 9, and discovered that there was an hour long wait.  WTF??? Who the heck goes out to eat that late?  Well, us, obviously.  and apparently a ton of other people!!  :-P It's okay though, because Hubby and I took the extra time to walk up and down the block (the restaurant has a nifty service where they call you on your cell when a table opens up), and chat, and share our day.  We even did a bit of window shopping in a furniture store, and mentally decked out our bedroom. 

Dinner was pretty good, with yummy food, and cheap drinks.  Since we got seated so late, we ended up being there in time for their late-late-night deals, so it all worked out.  Plus, we got some entertainment! We were seated next to a douchey hipster, so in between enjoying delicious grilled meat, we were also making faces and quietly snickering at the hipster's comments, designed to show off how "artistic" and "ironic" he was.  Yeah... we're mean like that... but it's so much fun! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment