Sometimes you just need a night out. No fanciness, no frills, no nothing.
Such was this night.
It was supposed to be dinner & drinks followed by our old standby Movie Night, but it ended up being dinner (Rubio's) followed by Movie. Which isn't half bad, mind you. Especially since we've been severely slacking in our movie-going efforts as of late. Which is sad since both Wifey and I really like our movie-watching.
In particular, Wifey likes watching trailers and I like asking her what the different movies are (because I am too lazy to watch trailers) and she, sometimes with a slight hint of annoyance, provides me with the details! It's a great arrangement, especially since it means I don't really do much but buy tickets!
Though, if I think about it, perhaps Wifey has caught onto this and just tells me how great the movies are that she wants to watch. Hmm. Naw, she definitely wouldn't do something like that. I. Trust. Her. ;o)
Perhaps I need to emphasize that point in person!
Anyhow, the movie we went to go see is We Bought A Zoo. This movie is, in short, super sappy and a strong tear-jerker. But it's sweet and I like Matt Damon's role for a change, and is perhaps the first time I've seen him a very adult role. As in, where he plays an adult with adult problems. The whole movie is based on the happenings of Dartmoor Zoological Park, which has an interesting history albeit with a lot less family-drama as in the movie.
The only thing I did not like about the movie was the moody son, who I wanted to kick really really hard mostly because I have very little patience for moody, whiny, self-centered, and self-entitled teenagers. Even though he had a good reason to be like that, still, my foot was twitching to be placed square between his eyes at significant force.
All in all, we enjoyed the movie but it's not necessarily something I would go pick to watch again. It's a good rental if you're in the mood for a sappy movie that tugs at heartstrings.
Oh, and also good if you entertain wild fantasies of buying a zoo, which I am doing as we speak. I, too, wish to have a bear.
-Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment