Who needs Dave & Busters when you can have arcade entertainment On The Cheap? Nickel Nickel is, very simply, 5c arcade games. It doesn't compare worth a lick to D&B in terms of cleanliness or drinks or atmosphere or whatever, but it's cheap and straightforward and lots of fun :)
So, naturally, Nickel Nickel makes for an excellent Date Night! We headed over to the one in Whittier, CA since it was the closest to us. And by closest I mean 20 miles away. Hmm.
Anyway, we've never really been to Whittier before and I'm not sure if it was my imagination or because we just saw it at night, but the city looked pretty cool! Widespread & suburbanitish. I'm not really sure if it is like that or not, but hey, everything looks good in the dark, yeah?
The location itself isn't necessarily for the pickiest or discerning among us. The games are dirty and grimy and many of them don't work. But, then again, it's 5c arcade games. For 5c we'd need a hobo to jump out from behind a machine and smack me on the forehead for it to be a bad deal!
(that didn't happen, btw ..)
The wifey and I had great fun racing on motorcycles that had a mix of non-functioning gas-peddles and left-turns, shooting zombies in a classic session of House of the Dead, and a healthy helping of Skeeball. We amassed, oh, something like 40 tickets that netted is a cheap plastic backscratcher. Said backscratcher turned out to be a fabulous whacking apparatus and proved to be an excellent tool for spousal abuse! Excepting, of course, for the fact that I was the one being abused here.
(sniffle)
Anyhow! With Nickel Nickel out of the way we had to find ourselves a place to eat, and landed upon Arturo's Puffy Taco, which we chose only for the fact that we could not imagine what the heck a puffy taco could possibly be.
Turns out, a puffy taco is simply a deep-fried taco shell with stuff in it. Quite good! But not good enough to warrant repeat trips out to Whittier, but definitely something I would visit often if we lived in town. Oh, and while we were impressed with our visit to Whittier, Arturo's Puffy Taco seems to attract all manner of 'interesting' (read: scary) folks at near midnight.
Tacos were promptly eaten, at which point Wifey and I, well, fled, and laughing while doing so.
-Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment