Written by Wifey.
Whew, Hubby and I are busy busy busy! Anyway, Hubby and I have been wanting to see Midnight in Paris for quite awhile. It's a movie about a man (Owen Wilson) who goes to Paris with his fiance (Rachel McAdams), and becomes entranced by well... the midnight shenanigans in Paris! Sounds like a pretty straight forward plot for a date night movie right? Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhh. Apparently, we should have read the reviews a bit closer. Because shortly into the movie, Hubby and I were staring at each other with expressions of "ummm... wtf are we watching?!?!?!" on our faces.
The movie involves time travel. Yeah, time travel. In Paris. At Midnight. I mean, it wasn't bad... per se... it's just not what we expected from the movie. So, instead of leaving with the romantic warm & fuzzies that we've enjoyed from movies like Crazy Stupid Love, we just walked out feeling very confused.
Another aspect of the movie that kinda took the fun away was Rachel McAdams character. Normally, I love her, but in this movie, she was just so damn unlikeable, that every time she was on the screen, I just wanted to scream and smother her with a pillow. Which, was part of her character (can't let the main character flirt with another woman if his fiance is a sweetie!) but holy cow, I could barely watch her scenes because she was just so horrid.
So yeah... I don't think I'd suggest seeing this movie to anyone. But, at least it gave us quite a bit to talk about on the drive home!! :-p
No comments:
Post a Comment