Writing a blog is hard. Man. They don't tell you these things. Even a quick write-up with little to no proofing for an audience that may hit in the 1's takes, you know, time. As such, this little writeup is (damn) two weeks late!
/ashamed
Flogging shall commence, I am sure!
Anyhow - our last date night was a little, how should I say, different. It was a two-fer. See, first we did something we've threatened to do for a long, long time: we came home and slept. And by that I mean we went to bed at a time that is a "normal" bedtime for the rest of populace: ~10pm-ish. That's early for us. No, that's not just early for us, that's stupid early for us. And it was wonderful. We slept, and slept, and slept and it was great.
But, you know, not much of a date night to write about though, right? I mean, I could recall the odd dreams we had (and we all know how exciting that can be). I think it best to leave that for another time.
Even though our non-Date Date-Night was great, it did leave a slight pang of guilt that we didn't actually do anything. So, the second part of Date Night was to hike it up to Hollywood late Saturday afternoon / early evening and wander around Hollywood and Highland Ave. You know, where the Mann Chinese Theatre is located.
Wifey and I have lived in LA for over 7 years and we have never made it up there (aside from the occasional rushed visit to the theatre itself), so it was very interesting to see not only the concrete prints of celebrities in front of the theatre, but also the sights around that area. Especially the mall adjacent to the Kodak Theatre.
After wandering around a bit we ate a real classy dinner at Baja Fresh, played dodge-the-freak, did some impromptu dancing at another nearby theatre, and headed back home.
Ok, maybe dodge-the-freak is a little harsh. Not all of them were freaks. Just a few. Especially the guy in nothing but a golden speedo and a boombox. Yipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment