Dang, we've been busy as of late. Very little time to do much of anything, let alone plan Date Night. Guess it comes with the whole 'being an adult' territory.
Anyhow, date night for 6/30 was pretty simple - Dinner & Movie. But, I wanted to try something a little different and add element of spontaneity to it all. Well, as spontaneous as you can make Dinner & Movie ;) Very simply put, when we arrived at the movie theater I turned Wifey's back to the listings and told her to pick a number. She picked 5. I then counted the listed movies: up & down, left to right until I found movie number 5. This, as is happened, turned out to be Super 8! Much to her relief, that is! There were other movies she was not entirely, shall we say, thrilled to see. But, if she had picked one of them we would go see it - just to see other things. Though, gotta tell ya, I'm personally very happy she didn't pick that penguin movie.
Anyhow, with the movie picked we went out for a little bit of dinner. Now, this particular area seems to not have a large variety of quick food. Not fast food - quick food. Quick meaning, sit down for ~30 mins, have a decent non-fast-food snack, and done. Also, since the movie is at night, inside a mall-ish thing, most in-mall food places are closed. Boo.
No matter, we decided to pay a visit to the Applepan again. Last time we went, we only had a few dollars to spend at this cash-only joint, so we wanted to eat some real food and see what they're like. I had the Hickoryburger, and Wifey had the Steakburger. Or vice versa, I can't quite recall. Now, here's a thing I have learned - when telling people at the Applepan to give your pickles to someone else, make sure to mention on the side. I did not, and Wifey ended up with what she referred to as a "Pickleburger". And yeah. I hate me some pickles, so that was just an abomination. I still have nightmares. She had I good inch worth of pickles on her poor overrun burger.
That aside, the food at Applepan was pretty damn delicious. And very fresh! If we actually lived in the neighborhood I may be so inclined as to pay them a regular visit, as it seemed most patrons there did exactly that.
Super 8 was actually a surprisingly good movie! We didn't quite know what to expect, but it's exactly as most people describe it: It's The Goonies all over again! Which made it fabulous. Very fun movie to watch, even though I do find myself being very skeptical of pre-highschool puppy love and the ensuing "romance" if you can call it that.
Nonetheless, Super 8 is an excellent watch and definitely worth the absurd ticket prices :)
That is all -
Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment