Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Apple Pie, Boston Market and The King's Speech

Dang, Wifey and I are getting busy these days. Not only is it becoming very difficult to come up with Date Night ideas, but it's becoming even more difficult to plan it in the first place! In between trying to start a business, getting our taxes done, etc we've been scrambling back and forth almost non-stop.

But! We make time for Date Night, even though it may not always be the most exciting or most original. I say all of this because 2/10 was my Date Night and I'm going to take all the credit I can get for what effectively amounted to dinner and a movie! ;)

Though, lemme tell ya, it was a good dinner and a great movie! We decided to go see The King's Speech, as we've heard nothing but good about it. It did not fail to deliver! Colin Firth gave a stellar performance as a man that is not only timid and shy man, but also very powerful and very respected man. The movie's storyline revolves around King George VI of Britain and his speech impediment as an obstacle toward becoming a strong leader. Very inspirational and moving. Anyway, we loved it and it's definitely a great movie to go see. So go see it!

Before the movie Wifey and I had dinner-el-cheapo which involved eating some pie at The Apple Pan and a light dinner at the nearest Boston Market. The pie was great, but Boston Market's chicken pot pie had a surprisingly sharp chunk of chicken bone in it that managed to (quite painfully) jab me right between the tooth and the gum. Ow. No harm though, so I just informed them of the fact that their chicken pot pies contain bones and left. I'll be a bit more hesitant next time I pay them a visit, which is luckily very seldom.

The Apple Pan is a great little location - cash only and packed! Even for a Thursday night we felt we were lucky to get the only two side-by-side seats in the house. They feature an old-fashioned till and were quick on service! We'll most certainly head back there again - the only reason we couldn't linger is because we were a tad sparse on cold, hard cash.

So that's it! Apple Pan = great, Boston Market = sharp pokey bones, The King Speech = fantastic movie. Well, 2/3 ain't bad, right? =)

Cheers!

Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment