Man, it takes a while to get back into the swing of things. Shortly after the last Date Night, I was placed on a surprise business trip to Montreal for three weeks. Three weeks! While the trip itself wasn't bad, it really throws off established routines. Like Date Night! Well, Wifey and I will not be defeated, so after I came back we promptly resumed Date Night.
Not wanting to do anything crazy, we decided to just see go out for a quiet evening and see Red. We also decided to go see it at the Rave 18.
You most likely have heard my rant against the Rave, or the Bridge, or whatever. I am not a fan of the place.
But, this was a good experience! Not only did we manage to 'sneak' in our pretzels (and by sneak in I mean give the stink-eye to the guy who told us no outside food), but the theater was just about empty, aside from a handful of other couples, and no obnoxious kids! Glorious!
Red itself was a tremendously enjoyable movie. Loved every minute of it! Even the tried-and-true string-a-long innocently-bewildered love-interest was both cute and likable! Usually these types of characters annoy the hell out of Wifey and I, but they managed to make it work. Well done!
I shall never forget the scene with Helen Mirren, in a gorgeous white dress, firing a .50 cal machine gun with a very matter-of-fact been-there-done-that expression.
Fantastic.
If you haven't seen this movie, go see it now.
On a related note, Wifey brought up an interesting observation: while watching Red we were the only folks in the theater giggling our heads off throughout the movie! While the other folks laughed, they did not get nearly as many haha's out of it.
Strange. Anyway, their loss.
That's it! Hopefully there shall be more Date Night adventures soon, now that we're slowly getting back to our respective routines =)
Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment