I'm running out of date night ideas. After almost a year of keeping true to our weekly date night, we've gotten pretty sparse in the unique-idea realm, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to think of new and different things to do! So, on a whim, I ask some folks at work for date-night ideas. Almost immediately someone suggests Downtown Disney! This, I think to myself, is a fabulous idea. We haven't been to The Double D in over ten years! Sounds great, let's do it, I think to myself.
Now, DD is about 40 minutes drive away from us, and we get home pretty late (~7pm-ish), which makes evenings outings a little difficult. So, to make the most of our time, we got home, quickly took care of the dog, jumped in the car, and raced off to DD. We got there around 8-ish I think, just in time to check out some shops and wander around for a bit before they all closed for the evening.
DD has changed not a whole lot since last I saw it. Still has a grand slew of Disney-themed shops, still has the ESPN Sport Zone thing, still has cops wandering around.
Wait.
Cops?
Huh.
Anyway. Cops wandering around, Mickey everywhere, and so on. Then I saw The Shop That Got Hubby Excited: Ride Makerz. Idea is much like Build-a-Bear, only with RC cars. Expensive as all get out, but looks like a ton of fun. I am determined to get a bunch of guys out there, build RC cars, and race them somewhere. I wants. I wants a lot.
We also wandered into Build-a-Bear, which is cute as always. I love Wifey, because both her and I were much less interested in how the bears were built than how much the whole thing cost. So we did our calculations and tried to see where they gauge you the most. We think it's the clothes, as everything else was pretty inexpensive.
Wifey told me that a bear was a better deal than the RC Car. I disagreed.
After quite a bit of wandering and checking out the remainder of the open stores, Wifey and I headed over to the Rainforest Cafe for some dinner. This is where we met Jon.
Jon is awesome. Jon was our waiter at Rainforest Cafe, and dude was funny. Easy to talk to, easy to joke with (and we did a lot of joking) and just about made our evening. It was pretty surprising that the highlight of our evening would be Rainforest Cafe and our waiter, but hey, no complaints here!
After a lot of joking around and back-and-forth banter with Jon, at some point in the evening he asked us how long we've been together.
"8 years", we say.
"Oh, how long have you been married?", he asks.
"5 years", we reply.
Quiet for but a moment.
"We should be best friends", he says.
This made us laugh, and I jokingly told him he's kinda creepy, at which point he laughed and ran off with the check. Wifey and I had a good chuckle about that, as his comment implies (I think) that we still act like newlyweds. Means we're doing something right, right? ;)
Anyway, that's about it. Night was pretty uneventful 'cept for Ridemakerz being awesome, but not nearly as awesome Jon the Waiter.
If you go down to Rainforest Cafe in DD, ask for Jon. He has hair. A lot of it. Can't miss him.
That is all and a bag of pineapples. Cheerio!
Hubby
No comments:
Post a Comment