Saturday, August 7, 2010

Underdressed at Santa Monica Place

So. Let's first begin saying that Wifey is a dirty, rotten thief for stealing my date night, claiming it as her own, and then making me do another one! So not only does she get credit for my awesome date night, but she totally gets out of doing hers this week!

So this is married life, eh? No-one told me about this! Shenanigans, I tell ya. Shenanigans!

Well, nevertheless, this week's date night was spent at the newly revamped Santa Monica Place. Remember the old one? Yeah, neither do I. Well, I remember the food court and it was .. strange. It's at the start of the 3rd Street Promenade, and was only ever useful for us to grab a quick bite to eat before we wandered down the Promenade. I also recall it to be yellow. Yellow? Yellow. Ugh.

Anyway, the new mall is all kinds of fancy! Especially the "Dining Deck" (aka Food Court). They have a outdoor area that features a fireplace and a little booth from which you can gaze at the ocean (as well as a construction site at the bottom - always sexy).

Our evening started by hunting for a parking spot. We failed. Since this was Opening Day for the new SM Place, all parking lots were packed, and as a result we had to park a few blocks south of the mall and walk back up to it. Walk. We had to walk. Like your common rabble! ;)

(SEE THAT WIFEY?! IT IS A REAL WORD! HAH)

.. cough.

Anyway.

So we got to the mall and started to explore. As I said, it's very, very fancy! And hoi-paloi, ooh la la! Women in fancy dresses and men making deals in their suits! Next time I'll make sure to put on a nicer shirt, or at least look meaner. I don't know what the last bit will accomplish, though.

After much exploring, and Wifey making mental notes of all the different shops (oh dear), we found ourselves to be hungry. We made our way to the food cou.. I mean Dining Deck. I waited in a long and unorganized line for Japanese food, and Wifey went to grab a slice of pizza from somewhere. Poor folks, first night and they got mobbed. It took me about 20 minutes to get my food, after which I joined Wifey to go hang out at one of the tables overlooking the beach. Which was at night, so we saw no beach, only street lights.

We ended the evening not too long after that walked (WALKED, LIKE RABBLE! SEE WHAT I DID THERE, WIFEY?! IT'S A REAL WORD, YOU RABBLE!) back to our car and returned home.

While not a particularly exciting date night (like my AWESOME date night last week!) but a nice little exploring adventure. Romantic? Perhaps. If yes, I am awesome at Date Night (twice in a row!). If not, this one was totally Wifey's date night that she's trying to pin on me. Short end of the stick and me, we are one.

*grumbles something about short sticks and marriage*

<3

Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment