Hubby and I are going to Hawaii for 2 weeks, to celebrate our 5 year anniversary (yay!!!). The days before we leave though feel sooooooooo long. So, for this week's date night, I decided we should get in the mood!
Grab some supplies from Party City, add in dinner & an old movie filmed in Hawaii (including Kauai, one of the islands we're going to), and voila!
Of course... I don't really know how to cook Hawaiian food. :-p Lucky for us, there's an Ono Hawaiian in our mall's food court, whoo-hoo!! When Hubby came in the door, he was greeted with traditional Hawaiian music (courtesy of Pandora), leis, chicken katsu, and even cocktails in cute little pineapple cups!!
Of course... we needed those cocktails to handle the movie. "Blue Hawaii", staring Elvis. Yeah, that's right, Elvis. It was from 1961, so the quality was iffy, and these was cheese all around. Every few minutes, someone broke out into song, lol. Oh, and did I mention racism? The Hawaiian servant in the movie was named "Ping Pong", and spoke in pidgin English. :-p So, definitely a movie not of our times!! Either way, it was amusing, and more importantly, had gorgeous scenery that made us dream about Hawaii. Whoo-hoo!!
Anyway, it was a nice low-key date night, with lots of giggling & goofiness. :-) Just our style!!
No comments:
Post a Comment