I love Christmas. Seriously, it's my favorite holiday ever. For you scrooges out there who whine about it being too commercial, pppbbtttthh on you, because Christmas rocks! I love the sparkly lights, happy music, and general feeling of love & goodwill towards the world. Seriously, Christmas rocks! This year though, we've been having a hard time getting into the spirit. So this week, I decided to force us into the holiday mood, dammit! :-p Being that Hubby and I are competitive, I decided that last year's gingerbread house contest should be a Tull-looloo tradition. w00t!
We wandered off to Target where we found a kit (okay, so it's kinda cheating, but at least we didn't get the pre-built house, just the one with the parts), and also nabbed a few extra bags of candy. I have to admit, some of the candy I bought cuz it was yummy, not cuz I thought it would actually make it onto my house. In addition to loving Christmas, I also love white chocolate, which tends to come out during the holiday season. White fudge covered Oreos, white chocolate peppermint Hersey's kisses, white chocolate hot cocoa... *drool* :-p So, I may have slipped a few extra things into our basket. Shhhhh... don't tell Hubby I'm breaking the diet!
Anyway, I digress! So, after heating up some mulled wine and turning on the Christmas music, we sat down to make our masterpieces. Hubby, being the creative person that he is, had "big plans" for his house, which kinda worried me, since I lost the Facebook vote last year (I did mention we're competitive right? :-p). Until I looked over and realized that his house had holes. Big gaping holes. And was falling over. Then I wasn't so worried anymore! Turns out, that was all on purpose, cuz again, Hubby is creative, and he decided to make an abandoned gingerbread house. :-p Which actually turned out pretty darn good in the end!
![]() |
| It's a ghetto Gingerbread House! |
I on the other hand, was determined to make a nice, neat house this time, improving from last year's "creative" mess (brown sprinkles on the roof doesn't look like shingles... it looks like a bunch of birds pooped all over your roof!). :-p So, my house ended up looking rather snazzy, if I do say so myself!
![]() |
| A much neater, nicer Gingerbread House |
And when we put them side-by-side, we realized... OMG, it's the 99 & 1%!! My house even has a hoity toity snowman with a cane, while Hubby's house has a hobo with a protest sign. :-p We're so awesomely connected to current events, lol. So here they are, side by side, for your viewing glory. What do you think, which one should be the "winner"? I think Hubby gets props for creativity, though I'm still a fan of my peppermint wreath & spice drop roof! :-p



No comments:
Post a Comment