Written by Wifey.
okay, okay, I'll admit it... I got lazy with date night this week. Work has been rather crazy, so I didn't have time to come up with a super awesome date night, and fell back on the old standby of dinner & a movie. But hey, you can always turn a standard evening into an interesting one with the right company!! :-p
For dinner, we went to the Hamburger Habit. As I've mentioned, I'm a sucker for any place that claims to be the "Best", and these guys have a giant banner outside their window proclaiming to be the Best Hamburger in So-Cal.
And I have to admit, they were pretty darn yummy!! Along with our burgers, we also got heart clenching delicious chili cheese fries. And how can you not love a place that gives you dulce de leche lollipops with your meal? :-p Beyond the food though, the ambiance of Hamburger Habit is pretty fun. It's a classic diner style, with random sayings & signs up all over the place, so if you're stalled for conversation, you can start reading the walls. Thankfully, even after being together for 8+ years, we still have plenty to talk about, lol.
After dinner, we had some spare time before the movie, so we headed to the local bookstore, Barnes & Noble, and ended up in the Comic/Graphic Novel section. :-) Hubby ended up finding one of his favorite graphic novel series, "Flight". And I was super excited to find out that one of sci-fi/fantasy series I read regularly was turned into a graphic novel too. So, we curled up on one of the nearby chairs, and happily killed some time until our movie was about to start. On a random note - did you know that you're not allowed to sit on the floor of bookstores? Something about a fire hazard. Shame... I would rather curl up on the floor than sat in the rather uncomfy wooden chairs they had spread around the store!
And then, it was movie time. We went to see Hangover II, which yeah, I know, not exactly date night material, but we loved the first one, and figured a night of laughter was necessary after a stressful day at work. Now... I'm not stupid. I know sequels suck as a general rule, and I wasn't expecting much out of this movie. I mean come on, seriously, how could they possibly explain yet a 2nd round of Hangover hijinks? And the movie wasn't bad... funny moments, tons of cringe-worthy visual gags (including an insane amount of unnecessary male genitalia shots)... but the writers kinda gave up. They didn't even TRY to come up with a new plot/storyline... they pretty much took the first movie, including the exact same twists & timeline, and just set them in Thailand. o.O I mean, part of the fun of the first movie was: "oh man, what's next!". This movie was more of: "oh, okay, it's the mistaken identity point of the movie. Next is the hospital visit. Now let's do the sad confession step." yeeaaah. Anyway, it wasn't a total waste of time, but I'd recommend watching it from the comfort of your home when it comes to DVD!
Anyway, for a basic dinner/movie date, still plenty of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment