Written by Wifey.
One nice thing about date night is that it's a fabulous excuse to try new restaurants. Like, say, a random looking restaurant in a strip mall that I pass every day from work. A Swiss themed one that boasts the best pizza in town. o.O Huh.
So, one date night, we decided to give Chalet Edelweiss a try! The environment was quaint, with a fun Swiss theme. You really felt like you were in a cabin, secluded from the rest of the world, rather then a few miles from the busy LAX airport. The menu definitely had some possibilities - wood fired pizza, fondue, and a few interesting entrees that I can only assume are Swiss inspired. Plus, some very attentive wait staff, which is always a big plus in my book. :-)
Hubby really enjoyed his food, and mine looked really good. Annoyingly though, since I've been pregnant my stomach is... let's call it, temperamental. Which means food that sounds perfectly yummy on the menu can totally gross me out when it arrives and is put in front of me. Puts a bit of a kink in the whole restaurant exploration thing, but at least I got to experience the ambiance, lol. Definitely want to return and try it again though, once my stomach settles a bit more!
No comments:
Post a Comment